Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Spring is in the Air Embellishments

Spring is in the Air Embellishments
So the other day I broke out the small paper punches. I love making tags, layouts and all those pretty things, but I can create tags forever because once I finish one, I thought of a new design or something else I would like to do, lol. so.... I have made some embellishments. I have listed them all on etsy already. I forgot how much fun they are to make (and you can still turn them into tags if you punch holes and add twine, lol) I have explained how I created them as I went....

They measure 3 inches by 3 inches. The first layer is a white, and I have shaded the edges with a chocolate shade of distressing ink. I then layered a pink swiss dot embossed paper in the center. I then added a yellow scalloped circle in the center and added gold glitter in each scallop. I then placed an umbrella in the center. I stamped the words "Spring is in the air" on a bright cheery crisp green and inked the edges in a similar shade. In the upper corner, I have a 3 dimensional blue butterfly with teeny tiny cute peals down the center. Lastly I have added the purple flower with the blue center, and a lilac colored pearl along with the leaves. Edges have been tinted for dimension and detail. This item is 3 dimensional and items have been popped off the page. These would be wonderful for a scrapbook layout, attach to the front of a giftbag, a basket, an easter hung basket, or if you were to punch holes and create into tags.

If you have any questions or comments, let me know :)

No comments: