Saturday, April 30, 2011

SEO, Your Blog and Your Etsy Shop

Good Morning! Just a quick and efficient little post this morning.... It's about SEO, your blog and your etsy shop.

Did you know how to create a link within in your blog that will help your SEO better than just adding your link?!  I didn't, which is why when I came across it I knew I just had to share. I read alot to try and get my site running well and of course, be towards the top of the Google search. I'd be happy with even page 2! lol.... 

Okay, well, this is what you're going to type to create the link.......

<a href="http://www.yourshopname.etsy.com" target="_blank">your primary or secondary or any other keyword phrase inserted here</a>

Where it says "yourshopname", you'll put your shop name. And what you are doing your blog post about, you will create your tags that relate to your post. 


Here is mine as an example..... 

Okay! I am off to read some more! Hope you all continue to have a great day and I will be talking to you soon! :) 

Happy Promoting!
Emily 

4 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks ! I've started an Etsy shop, but haven't "opened" it yet. I have a blog, and feel pretty good about it, but have much to learn. Love your posts here, and you just make the sweetest things (guess that's where Sweetly scrapped comes from) I use Ping-O-Matic to spread my blog around, and while I don't have alot of followers, I get visitors from interesting places. I've been on hiatus with the blog due to medical issues, but I'd better get moving on it before no one wants to come see me anymore !

Emily said...

Good Morning Liz! Yes, there's so much to learn with etsy. I didn't realize any of it until I was already up and running... So I had alot to do and catch up! I was in my own little word being a SAHM mom and didn't realize too much of this or how important it was. I do now! lol. So, I am learning as I go, and I am a "jump in head first" kind of person anyhow. If I get an idea, watch out! lol. My hubby only gets "frustrated" when it's a home improvement project and I don't know what I am doing and he has to rescue me! :) I hope that you feel better soon, and take care of yourself first. Take time for yourself, do what you have to do for you, and don't worry, they will all still be there and you will find new friends too! That's the great thing about the internet, you will find people who love you and what you do!

Brenda said...

Emily, Love getting to know you through your blog -- happy to be your newest DID follower -
Brenda

Emily @SweetlyScrapped said...

Thank you Brenda! So glad to have found yours as well! Very good ideas! :)