Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stamped Recipe Cards with a Vintage Retro Flair

I love these cards! They are created on recycled index cards and I've hand stamped EVERYTHING and I've even hand aged the edges. 






They are a traditional sized index card, but I think the most tiring part was stamping the backs! lol. All those lines!!! I got about halfway through and I thought to myself "What was I thinking?" But they're done now and I am happy with the look. They have a certain charm to them.

Want to know how to make them? I am sure you can probably figure it out by looking, but I'll give you the brief version :) 
1. I figured out what color index cards I would like to use
2. I purchased the Fiskars stamps to do these
3. I then stamped "From the Kitchen Of" on the front and either a fruit, vegetable, etc. 
5. then on the back, I took my mere 2 inch dotted line stamp and stamped twice going across
6. I then hand aged the edges in a light brown. You can find the tutorial HERE on how to do it! 
These particular index cards measure 4 inches by 6 inches. 

Happy Scrappin', Stampin' & Craftin'
Emily




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Emily,

I feel like I've downloaded all your free printables today!! Haha... I got to this post and I just couldn't stop myself from leaving a comment, everything I've seen have been amazing.

Thanks for sharing and God bless you!

Quick question, I'm based in the UK & I'm I was wondering if you could tell me where I can get heavy cardstocks. Thanks again